COM 281: COMMUNICATION IN SMALL GROUPS
DescriptionA study of communication processes in small group situations. Topics include conflict, leadership, and decision-making. Students will participate in group discussion and develop skills in analyzing group performance.
Learning Outcome• Understand the principles of group communication.
• Explain and demonstrate team building.
• Improve conflict management skills.
• Learn appropriate ways to assume leadership roles.
• Develop skills to understand, analyze, and evaluate small group communication.
• Understand individual group roles.
• Improve problem solving and decision making skills.
• Apply small group theory and research in a variety of team contexts.