COM 325 – INTRODUCTION TO ORGANIZATIONAL COMMUNICATION
Designed to introduce students to basic concepts in the study of organizational communication. The course considers approaches to the practice and study of communication within organizational settings, including classical approach, human relations, human resources approaches, systems approaches, cultural approaches, and critical approaches. It also introduces specific issues within the study of organizational communication, including assimilation, decision-making, conflict, change, emotion, cultural diversity and communication technologies.
Lower Division Majors: This course will count towards your 15 hours of required COM courses.
Non-COM majors: This course will count towards your required 300+ level elective hours for graduation.
COM minors: This course will count towards your 200/300 level 9 hours. See the COM Minors page.
How to Apply:
- Apply online at http://comm.uky.edu/surveys/override.
- You will receive an acceptance e-mail within 5 business days.
- Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.4 at the time of application to be considered for an override into upper-division COM courses.
- Register for COM 325 (Lower Division COM students during priority windows, COM minors during secondary windows and non-COM students during add/drop windows).
- Application does not guarantee a spot, only a chance at a spot.