If you are interested in becoming a Communication Major, complete an application in 107 Grehan Journalism, in the College of Communication and Information Advising office.
- If you entered UK after 2011, you’ll follow these Lower Division requirements.
- COM 101: Introduction to Communication
- CIS/WRD 110: Communication and Composition I
- CIS/WRD 111: Communication and Composition II (or equivalent)
- COM 249: Mass Media and Mass Culture
- COM 252: Introduction to Interpersonal Communication
- If you entered UK prior to 2011, you may have options. Contact the Director of Advising and Student Success (Dr. Shari Veil) at Shari.Veil@uky.edu or at 218-0468 for more information about being admitted. Essentially, if you have an overall GPA of 2.0 and complete the lower division COM courses (or the new general education requirements at the link listed above), you will be accepted into upper division as a COM major.
This course considers approaches to the practice and study of communication within organizational settings. It counts towards your 15 hours of required COM courses.
To enroll in upper-division (300+ level) COM courses, any student who is not a Communication major must complete an Override Request Form. Override requests will not be considered until after priority registration.