There are several statistical software programs that are available to University of Kentucky users at no cost. Visit the SSTARS site here to learn more: http://www.uky.edu/ukit/atg/statisticalsoftware
The most commonly used statistical analysis software in our department is SPSS. The software is provided and licensed by UK. Here’s the procedure for installing SPSS on your computer:
- First, uninstall any previous versions of SPSS or Amos that may still be on your computer.
- Go to download.uky.edu and log in with your LinkBlue info
- Search for SPSS
- Next to the software section appropriate for your computer, click on “click here.” The link will take you to a Qualtrics survey. After you complete the questionnaire, they’ll send you the activation code to your UKY email address.
- While you’re waiting for that, navigate back to the download.uky.edu site with the SPSS programs that you pulled up in the search query.
- Download the appropriate software package by clicking on the blue “download arrow.” (see screen shot)
- During installation you’ll be given the option to choose “single user license” or “site” license. Make sure you choose “site license.”
- The first time you open SPSS and Amos, the “activation wizard” will run, and you’ll enter the keys that were emailed to you by the Statistical Software group at UKIT (SSTARS).