Please be sure to read all of the information
on the SONA Information page!
- Do I have to participate in SONA?
Every student currently taking COM 101, 249, 252, 281, 287, 311, 312, 313, 314, or 315 must participate in the COM SONA Research Participation system.
- How many studies do I have to complete?
COM Students have to complete 1 study per eligible COM class, up to a maximum of 2 studies per semester. This means if you have:
1 SONA eligible class: you must complete 1 study
2 SONA eligible classes: you must complete 2 studies
3 SONA eligible classes: you must complete 2 studies, and you will receive 1 exemption credit
4 SONA eligible classes: you must complete 2 studies, and you will receive 2 exemption credits
5 SONA eligible classes: you must complete 2 studies, and you will receive 3 exemption credits
The exemption credits will be assigned by Friday, October 27th, 2017. Please check your official UK email address for notice of when they have been assigned.
- How do I log in?
The SONA system now uses a special login page that allows login with LinkBlue credentials. Go to https://comm.uky.edu/sonalogin to log in to the SONA system.
- Why don’t I get emails at ******@g.uky.edu?
The default email for SONA notifications is your University Email Address, which ends in uky.edu. Emails ending in g.uky.edu are on the UK Google Apps account. You can change the delivery location of your University email (Office365, Google Apps, or External) at https://ukam.uky.edu.
- Can my email be changed?
Yes, you can change your email yourself. Under “My Profile” on the main SONA page, click on “Provide an alternate email address”.
- How do I sign up for my CIS, PSY, and MKT/MGT/FIN classes?
- When do I have to do _____?
- Here are the dates for COM SONA:
- September 6th, 2017 (Wednesday)
- Students should receive login instructions on or around this date.
- September 8th, 2017 (Friday)
- The SONA system opens for participation.
- October 20th, 2017 (Friday)
- Students should sign up for a study by this date.
- October 27th, 2017 (Friday)
- Students in more than 2 COM Sona eligible courses receive exemption credits. (See above for explanation).
- December 1st, 2017 (Friday)
- All studies must be completed by this date.
- December 3rd, 2017 (Sunday)
- All research credits for completed studies will be awarded by this date.
- December 8th, 2017 (Friday)
- Students must have their SONA credits applied in the system to specific classes by this date.