Lambda Pi Eta is a national communication studies honor society with approximately 440 chapters in the nation. The University of Kentucky chapter is known as Alpha Chi.
The goals of Communication Honor Society are to:
- Recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in Communication Studies
- Stimulate interest in the field of Communication
- Promote and encourage professional development among Communication majors
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of Communication
- Establish and maintain closer relationships between faculty and students
- Explore options for graduate education in Communication Studies
To be considered for admission, applicants must have
- completed 60 semester hours;
- have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all courses taken;
- have a GPA of at least 3.25 for all communication courses taken;
- have completed the equivalent of 12 semester hours in communication studies; and
- currently be enrolled as a full-time student in good standing.
In addition, applicants should display commitment to the field of communication, exhibit high standards of personal and professional character and support the purposes of the honor society.
Click here to view the Lambda Pi Eta brochure.
Faculty Advisor: Anthony Limperos