Dr. Kevin Real has developed a course that will be taught during Summer II, 2015 in Peru. This 3-4 week course will be a mixture of classroom and hands-on experience in facilitating students’ understanding of the global workplace. The format will include the following:
- Pre-departure meetings focused on course expectations, travel guidelines, culture, safety issues, and self-reflection;
- A 2-day “survival Spanish” course taught in Lima;
- Coursework with Peruvians as guest speakers, including those with experience in Communication in Global Organizations, as well as site visits to organizations that will provide students with first-hand knowledge of the degree of diversity and inclusion in Peruvian and South American workplaces;
- Cultural and language experiences in both Lima, Cusco, and the Sacred Valley; and
- Upon return, students will reflect on their trip/coursework and then submit a final written assignment. Classes will be taught in Lima at Universidad del Pacifico in the Jesus Maria District and at the University of Salamanca in Cusco. For more information, contact Dr. Real (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit the Education Abroad details page here.